So much has changed in the world since 1923, but one thing that remains the same now as it did 90 years ago is the emotion involved in every delivery of flowers. Happy, sad, celebratory or in sympathy, flowers are used to send thoughts, emotions and messages to family, friends and loved ones all year round.
We are looking for an image for each decade from the 1920′s to the 2000′s that really shows this emotion, and also represents the era it was taken. The winning images will appear in a grid format to create a montage, which will be used as the basis for our celebratory activity throughout 2013.
So, if you think you have a photograph that fits the bill, whether it is lurking in the loft, or proudly on display in your home, email us a copy for a chance to be featured in our montage of the decades. We will select 9 images, one for each decade, and the winner of each decade will receive a pair of tickets to either the RHS Chelsea Flower Show in May or the RHS Tatton Flower Show in July.
Here are some pointers to help you choose an image to send us:
- We are looking for images which show a person or people with flowers
- The flowers should be a main part of the image
- The image needs to reflect the era or decade in which it has been taken (i.e. fashion, hairstyles, home décor)
- We are looking for the image to be as natural as possible
- We are not looking for wedding imagery (but will be later on in the year, so if you find a good one, save it!)
Some examples of imagery we have found to give you a guide:
- Ensure your image is saved as a jpeg (if you only have a hard copy of the image you will need to scan it and save it)
- Send it as 300dpi if possible (if not, as high resolution as possible)
- Include your first name and surname and the decade your image represents in the file name
- Send your photo entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st January 2013
Terms and conditions:
All photo entries must be received by email before 5pm Thursday 31st January 2013. Winners will be selected and notified by email to the email address used to send the entry. The decision over which images are chosen is at the discretion of Interflora, and that decision is final. Interflora reserves the right to decline entries, and will only select an image for each decade if there are images we feel are suitable. There is no limit to the number of entries made by one person, and no limit to the number of decades entries are made for. One prize will be awarded to the entrant of a selected photograph for each decade. There are a maximum of nine prizes available. Each prize consists of two tickets to either RHS Chelsea Flower Show 21st-25th May 2013 or RHS Tatton Flower Show 25th-28th July 2013. Tickets will be issued for any day during the show period, specific days cannot be requested. Travel and other expenses are not included.
By sending in an image for entry into the competition, you are thereby granting Interflora permission to use that image, if selected to feature in the montage, across all online and offline channels of communication for an unlimited period. We promise not to send this image to anyone else, or to alter the image without your permission. Any questions can be sent to email@example.com.
You can get our blog posts delivered for free by email - simply add your email address to the box below or alternatively grab the RSS feed.
Don't forget to follow Interflora on Twitter