Grandparents’ give so much to so many people – not only love, wisdom and strength, but time and energy, and even financial support as their grandchildren grow… so don’t forget them this Grandparents’ Day. We have lots of ideas on how to make the day special…
Since 1990, the UK has had an official Grandparents’ Day. And it isn’t just another holiday, it’s a real reminder to show our appreciation for people we often take for granted.
Perfect gifts for Grandma and Grandpa
To help you make Grandparents’ Day special, we’ve put together some ideas for Grandparents’ Day gifts.
For all Grandparents, our beautiful bouquets, vases, baskets and arrangements will brighten up any room. Flowers can express so many feelings and our Grandparents’ Day Perfect Gift is only £24.99 and can be sent same day when placing your order before 2pm Monday to Saturday.
For gardening Grandparents – give a gift that keeps on growing with one of our striking plants. And what’s more – many of our plants can eventually be planted outside, which is great if they love pottering around the garden. This Autumn planter is just £19.99 and is available for next day delivery.
For gourmet Grandparents we have a selection of quality whiskeys, special biscuits, fine wines, or luxury gift hampers for an extra special treat.
If you can’t be there with your grandparents on the day, we can deliver a beautiful gift to their door – with same day delivery on many of our Grandparents’ Day gifts.
Other activities to give them a day to remember
- Say a special thank you. They might be great at simple things like extra big hugs or for giving the best advice. Whatever the reason – now’s the time to say thank you.
- Get the lowdown on family legends. Did your Grandma really ban chocolate for a whole year? Why is your Grandpa wearing a tutu in that family photo? If you don’t ask, you’ll never know, so take this chance for a good chat. You might uncover a funny story, an amazing revelation or a new perspective on your family.
- Bake for your Grandma. Yes, turn tradition on its head just this once. Bake your Gran’s favourite cookie. It’s a proven fact – well, sort of – that cookies made by grandkids taste extra good…or at least they think they do!
- Get your kids to show their talents. If you’ve got young children, your parents are probably as proud of them as you are – and love to see them in the spotlight. Teach the kids a song or poem to perform for their Grandparents – the official song of Grandparents’ Day is a great choice.
- Adopt a Grandparent for the day. If you can’t celebrate with your own Grandparents, your attention and kindness could mean a lot to another older person – perhaps a neighbour, family friend or someone from your community?
- Send a message with flowers. A gift of flowers expresses so many feelings, and you can even use flower symbolism to send a special message. Our sunflower hand-tied with Alstroemeria symbolises love, happiness, friendship and devotion – perfect for a beloved Grandparent.
You can get our blog posts delivered for free by email - simply add your email address to the box below or alternatively grab the RSS feed.
Don't forget to follow Interflora on Twitter